RedFlagDeals.com iPhone 5 Launches September 21 in Canada: Who Has It, And For How Much iPhone 5 Launches September 21get this deal
The iPhone 5 is coming with a September 21 release so we took a look at the various options from Canadian carriers -- here's what we found out (all prices are for the 16GB model):
- Rogers: the iPhone 5 will be $179 with a three-year contract. If the phone does not ship within 14 days of launch/reservation you'll get a $50 credit to your account. There is no monthly plan requirement, however, there is a one-time $35 activation fee.
- Telus: the iPhone 5 will be $179 with a three-year contract and a minimum spend of $50/month for your plan. However, they are currently waiving the $40 activation fee that usually accompanies a new device.
- Bell: the iPhone 5 will be $179.95 with a three-year contract. There's no information about monthly plan requirements, but it's worth noting that most Bell smartphones come with a minimum spend requirement of $50/month for the voice/data plan.
- Virgin: the iPhone 5 will be $179.99 with a three-year contract and a "combo" plan -- combo plans start at $50/month. From what we can see, there's no activation fee.
- Fido: as you might expect, Fido falls in line with the offer from Rogers. The iPhone 5 will be $179 with select three-year plans and if the phone does not ship within 14 days of launch/reservation you'll get a $50 credit.
- SaskTel: the iPhone 5 will be available September 28, but there's currently no pricing information.
- MTS: the iPhone 5 will be available, but there's no real information yet.
If you're not interested in a contract commitment or have plans to use the iPhone 5 on another carrier, you can buy the phone, unlocked (meaning, it has no contract commitment) directly from Apple for $699.99 and get 1.5% cash back from RFD. It will work on all GSM wireless networks but not on CDMA-based carriers. There is actually another iPhone 5 model (A1429) available in Europe and Japan that works with CDMA networks, but you're on your own with that!
While it's unlikely you'll have much room for negotiation on such a new and in-demand product, it is worth noting that we've found one location might offer you a better deal than another, even if you're dealing with the same carrier.